My Blog List

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Questionnaire 2

1. Take some time to think about your topic.  Now write down what you know about it.

I feel so much more familiar with the different models of inquiry-based learning.  I have realised that although there are many different models of inquiry, it is possible to combine ideas from several to form my own model of inquiry.  I have now witnessed first-hand how much more worthwhile and engaging an inquiry-based unit of work is for the students.   

2. How interested are you in this topic?  Circle the answer that best matches your interest.

Not at all          not much          quite a bit          a great deal

3. How much do you know about this topic?  Circle the answer that best matches how much you know.

Nothing          not much          quite a bit          a great deal

4. When you do research, what do you generally find easy to do?  Please list as many things as you like.
  • Search out the information through Google and Google Scholar
  • Using Wonderwheel
  • Boolean searches - had no idea they existed until I started this subject
5. When you do research, what do you generally find difficult to do?  Please list as many things as you like.
  • Managing to put the information I have gathered into an academic piece of writing that is clear for other people to read.
  • Narrow the search down to a manageable amount of hits
  • Lack of knowledge of research tools.  It is frustrating but exciting knowing I am gaining lots of knowledge as I continue my searches.
  • Finding a starting point and knowing when to stop searching!
  • Uploading images into my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment