My Blog List

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Glogster!

Wow!  My TL has just directed me to Glogster (http://www.edu.glogster.com/).  This 'glog' allows students to design a poster connected to the unit of work they are covering.  It is an interactive visual platform where students are able to create a 'poster' containing a variety of multimedia tools such as text, audio, images and data.  The students are able to upload their own images into their 'glog'.  They are also able to simply use 'drop' and 'drag' to add content.  My TL said that many of her colleagues have said they have made use of it and it has been a big hit with the students.  I wish I had know about 'Glogster' BEORE I had started my ILA. I would have had the students take photos of their 'work in progress' for their model of renewable energy, and then present their 'glog' as a form of assessment.  Glad to know it is out there, and will definitely use it in the future.



The use of Glogster  would link to Kuhlthau's ISP, by allowing students to gather photos and ideas as they navigate throught the inquiry-based unit.  It would provide a tool for students to document the explorations made throughout the unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment