My Blog List

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Final Questionnaire

1. Take some time to think about your topic.  Now write down what you know about it.

I now know that althought there are several different Models of Inquiry to choose from, I feel most comfortable using Kuhlthau's Model of the Information Search Process.  After working through this inquiry process myself, I realise how significant emotions and feelings are to the inquiry process.  I know I have gone through a range of emotions, but have learnt so much from the whole process.

I now know how to embed images and video clips to a blog - something I thought I would never master!

2. How interested are you in this topic?  Circle the answer that best matches your interest.

Not at all            not much            quite a bit            a great deal



3. How much do you know about this topic?  Circle the answer that best matches how much you know.

Nothing            not much            quite a bit            a great deal

4. Thinking back on your project, what did you find easy to do?  Please list as many things as you like.

  • using the blog to track my journey through this learning process
  • finding different inquiry models to link to my investigation
  • asking colleagues for assistance and advice when required
  • finding different inquiry-based models for learning

5. Thinking back on your project, what did you find most difficult to do?  Please list as many things as you like.
  • Knowing when to stop searching.
  • Remembering to save the links to websites so I could come back to refer to them.
  • Sorting through the different models of inquiry to justify why I chose a particular model over others.



After investigating a range of different Information Learning Models, I have returned to Kuhlthau's ISP Model as the one which I would be more inclined to use.  It is fascinating to observe students as they follow such a process.  Now that I am aware of the different stages of the learning process, and what is involved, I find myself observing students and where they are at as far as the ISP  indicates.  Throughout my own learning journey, I have discovered that the relationship between Kuhlthau's ISP and Bloom's taxonomy is an important one, when I am guiding my students through an Information Learning process in the classroom context. 

I have found myself reflecting on Kuhlthau's Model as it includes the Feelings, Thoughts and Actions of the learners as well.  As a learner myself, as I wind my way through the Masters course, I have experienced a multitude of emotions as I have moved out of my comfort zone and into the big wide world of Web 2 technology.  I have questioned my search process continuously and have found myself becoming more focused as I worked my way through the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment